After being so serious for a while it is time to lighten up for a moment.
People are funny creatures. You can tell all sorts of tales of them and their funny ways. This time I will tell you about people’s creativity when they put a blame on so many other things than their own indolence when it comes to oral hygiene routines.
I’ve collected a list of the answers we get to two of the very common questions we ask. Let’s see if you recognise yourself?
So Are You Using Your Electric Toothbrush?
- lost in a house move
- it’s still in an unpacked box after a house move (moved a year ago)
- it’s still in an unopened box after buying it a year ago
- out of battery and haven’t got around to charge it
- it’s malfunctioning
- can’t find brush heads from the shops
- I don’t have a plug-in in the toilet
- it makes me feel dizzy
- it’s too vigorous.. I’m nervous about loosing a filling
- dropped it and it broke
- the manual toothbrush is quicker
- the manual toothbrush is easier to use
- it takes too long
- it’s too noisy.. I’m afraid of waking up the kids/wife/neighbour/partner
- I don’t like the feeling in my head
- it tickles too much
- it makes my gums bleed
- it hurts
- the bristles feel too hard
- don’t have batteries in the house (battery operated electric toothbrush)
How About Are You Cleaning Between The Teeth?
- too difficult
- too tired
- floss gets stuck/shreds
- my gums bleed
- I lost a filling once
- it hurts
- my teeth are so close together that the floss/interdental brush/toothpick is impossible to use
- I use a mouthwash instead
- I use the water pick
- I rinse with water after every meal
- I use chewing gum
- my gaps between the teeth are so wide that nothing gets stuck there
- I push the bristles of the toothbrush between the teeth
- I use a toothpaste that says it cleans between the teeth
- I run out of floss/interdental brushes/toothpick (last year) and never got round to buy new ones
- can’t be bothered
- it makes the gaps between my teeth wider
- I don’t have time for it
- don’t know which one to use
- is it harmful?
- is it needed? I never see anything coming out when I floss
- are you?
Feel free to add more excuses on the comment box!